Please review this article how to manage your Apple ID Reset or if you forgot Apple ID password
With Apple ID that manage iCloud storage set up, iTunes App Store, email preferences and all Apple ecosystem services, if you forgot Apple ID password it can be disastrous. This makes it particularly inconvenient when Apple locks your Apple account and sends you a message that it's locked for " security reasons" and you can't login with your Apple ID password.
If you forgot Apple ID password you may need to update your Apple ID password. If it's locked you will receive alerts such as:
- This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons and you need to manage reset your Apple ID password
- You can't sign in because your Apple ID account was disabled for security reasons.
- This Apple ID password has been locked for security reasons
Follow these steps to perform your Apple ID reset if you forgot your Apple ID password and need to manage it:
- Open Safari on a Mac.
- Visit Apple's iForgot site.
- Manage to enter the First Name, Last Name and Current Email Address fields.
- Click Next.
- If you have two-step verification enabled for your Apple ID reset you'll need to manage entering the Recovery Key. If you don't have two-step enabled skip to the next step. You should have the reset key printed out and stored safely somewhere. Enter the number and click Next. Select the phone number used for two-step verification and click Continue. Enter the Verification Code and press Continue.
- Enter the New Password and Confirm Password fields to manage reset your apple ID password.
- Click Reset Apple ID Password. Your just did manage to have your Apple ID password reset.
You will now have changed the Apple ID password for your account. This also unlocks the Apple account and enables you to start using it again. You will need to manage the new Apple ID or password with all your accounts on your Apple iPhone and Mac. As you can see it is very easy to manage your apple ID password reset.
How to manage if you forgot Apple ID password: reset your password on iPhone or iPad
Follow these steps to manage your Apple ID password on an iOS device:
- Tap Settings > iCloud.
- Tap Edit, if asked.
- Enter your new Apple ID password and tap Done to reset it.
How to manage if you forgot Apple ID password: Reset your Password in Mac OS X
Here's how to reset your Apple ID password in Mac OS X if you forgot Apple ID password.
- Open System Preferences (Apple menu > System Preferences).
- Click iCloud.
- Click Sign Out.
- Enter your new Apple ID and password and click Sign In.
You may also need to manage entering your new Apple ID and password as required in the following apple services: Apple App Store, Mail, FaceTime, iTunes, etc. This will send a request to reset Apple ID password if you forgot as needed and then manage Apple ID password to remember for later.
Learn how to create an app
Please sign in to leave a comment.